Friday, March 19, 2010

better

Thank you all so much for your kind words, encouragement, and understanding after my last post. It wasn't very easy for me to put those feelings in writing, but as usual your comments made me realize that I am not alone in this battle.

I have been feeling a little better. I am trying not to let my anger take over, although sometimes it is just hard. Sometimes one little thing may set me off and then I can feel my emotions spinning out of control. Not to mention that I have been off work for several weeks and have had A LOT of time to just sit and think. I love having the time to myself, but on the other hand I think it is sometimes helpful to have something going on to occupy my thoughts besides Fam.ily Fe.ud (not to mention there has been a set of identical twins on the show for the past few days...whatever!)

I briefly read a blog where the writer talks about Perfect Moments. (I am not sure how I got to this blog or the address.) Perfect Moments are not something you create, they are something you find in your life everyday...just little snippets of your day that make me smile or my heart melt. (That is in my words not the blogger's.) So I am trying to focus on those Perfect Moments. Like those times when my children are playing nicely together (that is not always very often with 7 years in between them.) Or when Emma says something that just melts my heart. Or getting an e-mail from someone who was thinking of Sophia & Ellie. Those to me are Perfect Moments and then happen everyday many times a day and I am trying to spend more time enjoying these when they happen.

Here is one Perfect Moment for today. I woke up to find this in my Inbox:


Thank you so much Sarah & Richard for thinking of my girls. You are always so kind and thoughtful and I am so grateful for the pictures you have sent me. I wonder if you truly know how much it warms my heart that you did this for my girls.

So my morning started off with a Perfect Moment and then getting the kids ready and off to school there were several Not So Perfect Moments. Now I am home alone for a few hours trying to occupy myself because it is hard to create a Perfect Moment all on your own! And I can't help but wonder how many Perfect Moments I would be having right now if Sophia & Ellie were here.

18 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear that you are feeling better. I love the description of the perfect moments. It sounds like you have had some nice perfect moments and I am sure there will be MANY more to come. I too wonder what perfect moments I would be having right now if my babies were here.

    Beautiful picture from Sarah and Richard! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear that you are feeling better. I love the picture of the petals. What a great way to remember you babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tina, i am glad you are feeling better and i am even happier that you had that oh so rare perfect moment. I wish you many more and would like to inform you that you have an award waiting on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful picture. I see that you're 28 weeks today. Congratulations! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 28 weeks to us!! I love the picture of the petals, so precious! ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina, that photo is just lovely. I'm glad you had that perfect moment. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. That photo is so sweet!

    Wow, 28 weeks. Your little one is expected just before my daughter's birthday. I loved having a summer baby. I hope you will too. It's nice to be able to get outside and move around, really helps keep the blues away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you so many more perfect moments.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, wishing you many more perfect moments! I love the picture, so pretty. XO

    ReplyDelete
  10. 28 weeks is such an accomplishment - I'm so happy for you, but I know how much your heart still aches for your girls. That photo is just so lovely - what a perfect moment, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful picture! They're petals are perfect. *HUGS*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful to hear things looking up for you :) Its awesome that you can find the tiny special things throughout your day - that is great progress sweet friend! Your flowers are beautiful, that was so sweet of them! Sending love, Nan xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm glad to hear things are a little better, Tina!!! It's so hard and we are so up and down, back and forth. You're making it!!!! Thinking of you!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. so beautiful...love the rose petals.

    28 weeks...I strive to make it there one day. Praying for you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Tina. Just wanted to leave you a hello and let you know I was thinking about you and all your girls. Congrats on the 28-week milestone... that is so wonderful!! How big your little girl is now. :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Tina my name is Kristin I just found your blog and was catching up on it. Me and my hubs had just lost out identical win girls on March 2 2010. I was 20 weeks pregnant with them when I was told I had TTTS My world was torn apart I delviered my girls and they spent about 45 min with us befor they left us. Its been so hard the past 3 weeks if you have any tips on how not to be so angry and sad would you ever be so kind to tell. Im so sorry for you loss on you little angels. My blog is http://familyofthreejustexpanded.blogspot.com/ if you want to stop by Im now following you. Thanks Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it's ok to have our angry moments. At some point in time I think we will all go through it, whether it be at the situation itself or toward a person in our life. I do believe anger won't last forever.

    I love the photo that Richard and Sarah made! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I missed your last post because, well, I'm just a terrible blog-o-friend these days and not so great and keeping up. But I would have said something awesomely supportive. :-) I think "unfair" was, for me too, probably the most common word that popped into my head during the lowest of my low kukd moments. How can it not?

    Anyway, glad you got to vent some feelings here and find some support. What a beautiful thing to find in your inbox, a great flowery-springy tribute to your two girls. HUGS.

    ReplyDelete