Monday, June 15, 2009

Sophia & Ellie ~ names in the sand

Sophia and Ellie's names were written in the sand and pictures were posted on the website today. I am so thankful to Carly for taking on this amazing project. It is such a wonderful way for us to remember our children who are no longer with us.


I am planning on surprising Hutch with these beautiful photos on Father's Day. He and I deal with our grief very differently. I think he is a typical man who tends to hide his emotions and keep what he is feeling to himself. I, on the other hand, would love to talk about my precious girls all day every day to anyone who would listen. (Of course I don't do that, but in a perfect world I would!) So, I think he will really appreciate what these pieces of art represent to us. They represent our girls who are a part of our family that is missing from our everyday lives, but are very much present in our hearts and souls.


Thank you Carly!!!

4 comments:

  1. They are absolutely beautiful photos - Carly is a friend of mine, she is absolutely beautiful, inside and out. I am sure Hutch will love them, thinking of you and your beautiful girls..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I came across your blog because I too had my son's name written in the sand. He passed away in March this year from a birth defect. I just wanted to say that I am reading your blog. Motherhood shouldn't be like this... I have felt every emotion you have written about.
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had Carly do our son's names as well back in Feb. She is just such an amazing women.

    I am so sorry that we had to meet under these terrbile circumstances but here in the angel mommy community we are alwyas here for one another. I really look forward to learning more about you and your beautiful family.

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea for Father's Day. I am sure he loved it!

    Candace

    ReplyDelete